Last year Chris’ office had a progressive dinner for Christmas. It started at our place with entree’s. As a consequence of Chris’ "performance" they’ve asked him if he would cook this year’s dinner. They pay for the supplies and drinks and Chris cooks a feast. I think he’s secretly excited but at the moment is too distracted with getting it all organised. This morning I happened across his typed shopping list, it was too cute. Listed by "dairy", "meat" etc, very organised.
Tomorrow night’s the night, here’s what’s on offer:
- Bocconcini di Speck (prunes stuffed with camembert, walnut and wrapped in proscuitto)
- Poppy seed grissini (made by Chris, of course)
- Crostini di Gambertti (crostini with prawns)
Then on to:
- Salmon steaks (pan fried) with tartare sauce (of course with home made mayonnaise)
- Buttered grated beetroot (cooked with butter and red wine vinegar)
- Roasted asparagus with rosemary and pancetta
- Thumbprint roast potatoes
And if by this stage we’re not all bursting at the seams:
- Lemon slice, AND/OR
- Mango and toasted coconut semi freddo
- Macerated strawberries
Followed by the obligatory tea, coffee and a taste of my panforte.
Yum. It will be great. Photo’s will be posted.