1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? – Confessed yarn snob. Though I can appreciate an interesting novelty yarn (I’ve been known to buy synthetic/natural fibre mixes).
2. Do you spin? Crochet? – Want to spin, haven’t managed to get a drop spindle yet and yes I crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) – Capsicum, smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? 3-4 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? – Amazon.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) – Lavender, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, citrus
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? – YES!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? – Sew, make cards, beading, cooking (love making jams, chutneys), embroidery, felting, bookbinding.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) – Hmmm I like a lot of different stuff, everything from Stevie Wonder, Linda Ronstadt, most 80’s, Lyle Lovett, Holly Golightly, Portishead, Joss Stone as a sample. Yes my computer can play MP3’s.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I tend to gravitate towards pinks, reds, black, browns, olive green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? – Defacto relationship and I have a pussy cat.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) – more international travel, buy a house, internal peace 🙂
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? – Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Big Wool. Noro. Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. I also love yarns with interesting textures (Colinette).
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? – Acrylic, nylon, most synthetics, unless they are an accent. Itchy wool 🙂
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? – Kidsilk Haze. Sock yarn.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? – Don’t mind. Though I do like to intersperse garment knitting with toy and accessory knitting. I love quick gratification to keep me motivated. I do get bored easily.
17. What are you knitting right now? – Too many things. See this post.
18. What do you think about ponchos? – Don’t mind them, have knit a few.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? – Both, depending on what I’m knitting. Not a complete circular knitter, still a novice, but recently converted a pattern to circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? – It was bamboo only, but then tried some Addi’s and they are quick! Most my needles are bamboo (Brittany, Clover and Crystal Palace), with a bit of plastic and aluminum chucked in.
21. Are you a sock knitter? – I’ve knit one sock…but would like to knit more.
22. How did you learn to knit? – My friend Emma taught me. Just as The Wool Shack was being born.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? – Ummm 3-4 years
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? – I love cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? —
26. Is there anything that you collect? – Yarn 🙂 Love a good vintage find (fabric, buttons, books).