Festivus

We’re celebrating Festivus instead of Christmas here at Craftapalooza this year. In honour of Festivus we have "The Festivus Pole"….a little fancier than the original, but hey, this IS a craft blog and a girls gotta craft and make stuff pretty. I will be participating in most elements of Festivus, including the Feats of Strength and Airing of Grievances to friends and family….For all you scrooges out there I highly recommend Festivus as an alternative.

Somehow we ended up with a pink/green Festivus here this year. There also seems to be a theme of round decorations. What you see here is stage one. We’re gonna see how much we can load this baby up. This is what happens when you live by yourself…you find ways to entertain yourself. You guys having fun as well yet?! On that note I’m really looking forward to finally moving house next weekend (not the actual moving, but the being in a new space). Hope to get some Festivus baking done and also some lemon curd making. I figured the lemon curd’s tartness will suit the Festivus holiday.

pompon? pompom?

christmas decos

christmas balls soft christmas balls

12 thoughts on “Festivus

1. Charlie says:

Those pics at the bottom – the round card thingo’s (sorry, they probably have a proper name but i’m caffeined up) – anyway, very Georg Jensen. Will take a pic when i dig out my decorations..nice work.

2. Kate says:

Hey I like those things, whatever they’re called, and if I were going to make some decorations, I’d make them. Good on you for doing some decorating too. I don’t even send out Christmas cards.

3. Lisa says:

I just love, love, love your pom-pom’s. Especially the pink and green ones. What are the big puffy pink and purple bits that look like wee rose buds? Are they a really thick slubby of some sort?
    They are just fantastic!

4. Miss Dot says:

Yes to Festivus! If only I could get the rest of work/family to go along! with all my bitching and moaning I thing I already celebrate it year round!!! bring on the pole let the celebrations begin!!!! ps, I thought they were rose buds to! love them!

5. Barb says:

Oh my gosh, you’re a genius. Festivus–how perfect! Would I had known about this before all hell broke loose with my friends. What a wonderful solution.

6. kathleen says:

There’s a big sign painted in front of one of our neighbors homes that says “Festivus for the Rest Of Us” in bold black letters…I was wondering what it meant, thanks for enlightening me. I somehow missed that episode of Seinfeld… Genius!