pssst…I’m here.

It’s only been 4 days since I’ve posted but feels longer! Bit quiet around here this week. I’ve been knitting one of Jess’ patterns. Excellent pattern, smart pattern writing, intelligent. Love it. I can also knit it on 2 circ’s which makes me smile. I did try the DPN’s but after 5 minutes of scowling and swearing, back to the circ’s. I’ve nearly finished, you’ll see it then!

Socks_that_rock_hard_rock_up_close_and_p

I’m also thinking about the next pair of socks to knit. These will be for me. They’ll be lacy I think and I’m hoping toe up. I’m going to knit it using my Socks That Rock in Hard Rock (DAMN their monthly sock club is filled, next time if budget permits). Isn’t this an amazing colourway!! It was a gift from my Better Pal, Cara. I love, love, love it. Adore it. How’s that! So now I’m searching and thinking of a pattern. I also want to knit them from my Sensational Knitted Socks book.

And just because I can’t get enough of this colourway….

Socks_that_rock_hard_rock

Does anyone have a favourite lace sock pattern. Preferably already converted or written for 2 circ’s? Drop me a line and we can chat and maybe swap favours, ooh err.

9 thoughts on “pssst…I’m here.

1. fran says:

Those colours are hypnotic…can’t wait to see the socks. One day I’ll tackle them…right now I’m still at the scarf stage. If your ankles ever need a scarf, let me know.

2. kris says:

swoon, look at those colours! i was cara’s better pal in the first round, btw. she sent me some str as well (um, i know that’s the wrong way around, but she’s just like that) and i can’t wait to use it.
    i love anna’s sock patterns – toe up and for circs. the nautilus (autoscopia.com/amelia/archives/2006/01/best_bits.html) or the giotto (autoscopia.com/amelia/archives/2005/09/roundup.html) would look great in the hard rock.

3. Oiyi says:

I signed up for 2 months of the STR Sock Club. I have never seen STR in real life, but after seeing the colors of your skein, I can’t wait to receive mine.

4. Kelli says:

I’ve never knit socks. But I can’t tell you how envious I am of that Jess Hutch book. She’s not selling any more and I didn’t get one in time. I’ve got to look on ebay…

5. joelene says:

Nicole,
    I usually knit 2 socks at once on one long cir, instead of 2 cirs, but it is pretty much the same.
    Lace patterns that I have found translate well to cirs are:
    Falling leaves socks, From Knitty.
    great pattern, easily works on cirs.
    Straight Laced socks,- Knitty, Written for 2 cirs and are knit at the same time..
    Anna’s patterns (posted above) All of her patterns easliy work two at a time, most are written off the bat for magic loop. http://autoscopia.com/amelia/archives/2006/01/sock_set.html
    Embossed Leaves socks, from Interweaves knits Winter 05. not written for cirs, but translates very easily.
    Let me know if you need more options. My brain id full of nothing but sock patterns!
    I don’t own the sensantional knitted sock book, but there are some nice lace patterns in the Vintage Socks Book. Do you own the Socks on 2 Cirs book? Is it any good?
    Dear me this is like the longest comment ever… Love the yarn btw!

Great yarn- personally I love Anna’s Elfine socks. But I’d also say that the lace may get lost in the colours.. That’s the annoying thing with vibrantly patterned (and in this case- divine!) yarns..