Crack that WIP

Little late for Fiona’s Friday WIP but don’t think the WIP police will crack down too hard. Thanks for the rut comments, rut’s there but trying to just be in the rut, one with the rut (that right Lisa πŸ˜‰  ). Trying not to fight it I guess. Hmmmm.

A knitted something to be revealed soon, a something that’s friggin hard to photograph, well hard if you can’t be stuffed trying to light it properly. Hurts your eyes doesn’t it.

Wip_what_am_i

Then there’s the crafty tool box I’ve been working on for a few weeks. Details to come. Basically being  multi-crafted I have a bucketload of tools and am tired of scavenging around for them in different spots, hopefully this idea will work and will also be transportable. The bottle in the bottom right hand corner? Vinegar, next Sunday Al M and I are having our own Fibrefest Sunday. There will be felting with silk laps and dyeing sock yarn. The vinegar, to set the dye. And yes, the yellow envelope on the bottom left corner did contain Hillary’s new pattern booklet. Very sweet and nicely put together Hillary, congrats!

Wip_30_june_06

Here’s the WIP flickr pool.

A completed WIP. Gift for a friend’s birthday, the request was for pink and black.

Mitt_detail

Inner_mitt

Figured it out? Yep another oven mitt.

Pinky_mitt

Lastly but absolutely not least, we have the fabrics that Al and Jo have sent me. We have a challenge on, a Tack Challenge. What is it? Well our national chain fabric store affectionately referred to as Scablight or Spotshite, take your pick, has a selection of mighty scary fabrics. We each had to buy 3 fabrics x 20cm each fabric for the other 2 and send it on. I now need to create something, something that turns these fabrics into something ummm I guess something that gives a more positive reaction than what you’re probably having right now. You feeling a little sick to your tummy looking at these? Never fear, *gulp* I’m going to turn them into something you’ll want….Convinced?

Tack_challenge

Heavy rotation on the ipod at the moment, Neko Case "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood", so envious of Lisa seeing her play this week.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone.

14 thoughts on “Crack that WIP

1. Jo says:

Oh Nic, just seeing that fabric again makes me go all kinda dizzy. I really am sorry for letting my bad taste run wild. But I must say I like how you have arranged that fabric because it looks like the cats are eyeing off the Last Supper. I can say that. I’m a Catholic.

2. rooruu says:

I shall look forward to seeing what you do with that collection of fabric – fabulous is not the word! Brights and the Last Supper. Gosh.

3. Julie says:

Love the oven mitt! Those are popping up all over the place and I think I may have to make one this weekend.
    As for those scary fabrics — I had to giggle! The last supper fabric! lol! Mixed with the pychedelic
    palm trees and kittens? What the heck are you going to do with them? I’m sure you have some plans brewing though and I can’t wait to see!

Photo 1: Is it that Kim Heargraves scarf.. trinket I think it’s called?
    Luscious.
    am looking forward to what you can create with cristmas decorations and the last supper (tackville indeed. Great craft swap challenge!)

5. mia says:

Yippee another perth girl. I love it when I find perth blogs. Love your things and your blog. Come and visit me when you have time.
    Nice to meet ya!
    Mia

6. Lindsey Luttrell says:

Your blog is so inspiring — can’t wait to see what you do with those fabrics– but from your other work I know that it will be wonderful. My blog is new but I would love for you to stop by sometime.

7. Fiona says:

Yup, gotta watch out for those WIP police! πŸ˜‰ Loving the mitt, and can’t wait to see what you make with that downright scary cat fabric.