assistance required

Here’s the deal. Cooking dinner Sunday night for four of us, undecided about mains. Want to help me decide? If so vote on the poll below. You have until sometime Saturday morning, depends when I go shopping for ingredients. Keep in mind it’s winter in my part of the world at the moment, so warm food is where it’s at. I was looking at good old bangers and mash, but haven’t found myself a sausage maker I love in Perth.

vizu_poll_id = 9221;
vizu_category_id = 0;
vizu_border_color = “#669900”;
vizu_bg_color = “#FFFFFF”;
vizu_bgTwo_color = “#EEEEEE”;
vizu_question_color = “#FFFFFF”;
vizu_answers_color = “#000000”;
vizu_button_color = “#C8C8C8”;
vizu_buttonText_color = “#000000”;
vizu_panel_width = 250;
vizu_simple = 0;
vizu_panel_height = 215;
vizu_panel_base_url = “http://www.vizu.com/”;
Web Polls by Vizu

Dessert will either be sweet pumpkin pie or whoopie pies (chocolate and marshmallow), depending on mains. Not sure of a starter, but thinking maybe some vegie dip, but we probably won’t need it. Will also serve some greens with mains, maybe some broccolini.

So people, bring it. Will be interesting to see what you guys think and thanks in advance if you take the poll!

19 thoughts on “assistance required

1. Emma says:

Oh! Is the salmon kedgeree a secret recipe? It sounds FANTASTIC! And personally I’d go for the whoopie pies, but I see I’m in the minority.

2. Fran says:

Hmmm. Sound great but I picked the Salmon…with a crisp white, of course! I like the idea of dip, then the Salmon K, followed by the marsh Whoopie Pies…followed by a loverly cup of tea – then more wine…pasta sounds good, too but heavy and listen? Isn’t that summer on the way?

3. Miss Dot says:

I voted for the curry, easy to get ready ahead of time and doesn’t dry out while its waiting. It puts less pressure on you and you can have nice bits and pieces to go with, popadums, coconut, yogurt etc. have a great night!

4. Rachel says:

I voted for the prawns. Although the cannelloni DOES sound tasty,too. Must have whoopie pies though. Every girl needs some whoopie now and then. πŸ˜‰

5. Kelli says:

The canneloni. I can’t pass up an offer of pasta. With a sweet white wine, some bruschetta to start out, maybe a spinach salad on the side and that pumpkin pie makes me want to order a ticket to Aus right this very minute. YUM!

6. another outspoken female says:

I seem to be swimming against the popular stream here, going for kedgeree. I love the stuff – but it needs a good smokey fish flavour. Am not a great fan of salmon any more, as we can only get the bland/fatty farmed stuff in this country.
    Dessert definitely whoopee pies – why? Because of the name πŸ™‚

7. Nicole says:

Hmmm interesting, looks like the “safe” cannelloni’s in the running. πŸ™‚
    Outspoken – YES Smoked salmon it would have been, we have an excellent local smoker πŸ™‚

8. Jo says:

Red prawn curry and pumpkin pie – I think it’s a colour thing. I’m going through my red/orange phase at the moment. Will Jim be there?

9. Alexandra says:

I’m mother and wife from Poland. Poland could be a wild country for you and it’s probably true. So I still live in this country. I’m a housewife, with two years old babygirl. I’m a civil engineer, but I don’t know what to do in my live then… Greetings and kisses… Bye, bye

10. Alexandra says: