warts ‘n all

Silver_goodness

Warning….navel gazing post…

Hello! Seems my posting here is a bit shabby at the moment. But I’m finally at the point with the blog that I don’t mind. I used to feel the pressure (self imposed) to post frequently, to be witty, creative, original, posting regularly about my fabulously crafty life! Not that it wasn’t true, I do have a pretty great crafty life. Saying all that, now that the blog and I have been together over 2 years we’re starting to get comfortable with each other. You know that feeling with friends, that no matter what you won’t be judged, they accept you for all your quirks and you don’t have to explain yourself to them. I’m extremely fortunate in having friends (flesh friends and blog friends) like this. I don’t need to mention names you know who you are!

I’m at the point with the blog where I feel comfortable with just putting out here what I want and be damned with people’s opinion of me. It’s interesting, sort of like a peeling back layers. It’s like making friends, you meet them and there’s the honeymoon phase, then you slowly get to really know each other, you might go through some bumpy spots and then over time you can’t imagine them not being in your life. There’s no bullshit, just upfront great stuff. So that’s how the blog is for me now. I still don’t show all my warts, of course you’re going to see most of my flattering parts here πŸ™‚ and a grrls gotta keep some secrets!

I have a bucketload of crafty projects on the go at the moment, a zillion ideas in my head. Living singularly makes my time allocation interesting. My time is spent juggling (ignoring!) housekeeping, keeping in touch with friends, crafting, blogging and dating. This is no whoa is me post. Just that I’ve noticed being single yet again that my time is more precious. I can’t rely on anyone but me to tidy, feed the cat, feed myself etc. Sometimes I wish for a partner to share stuff with and miss intimacy, but the flipside, I also enjoy being able to completely suit myself and not consider anyone else. I don’t think either situation is better or worse, both have their merits!

So sorry, no craft to show you here today. Just some shoes I bought recently. Aren’t they pretty. They go well with my tan πŸ˜‰ I do have craft in progress but haven’t had the time to photograph it. The photo above was taken as I walked out of the door this morning rushing to work.

Have any of you seen Children of Men? Wowzers, knocked my socks off. Wasn’t expecting it to be so great. Thoroughly enjoyable. Kate’s more eloquent than I am and read the comments.

A new friend introduced me to a remix of Queen of Japan singing the Kiss classic "I was made for loving you"…takes on a whole other meaning and I love it!

I β™₯ my new bracelet by Liana Kabel! Check out her gorgeous tape measure pins and other yummy recycled plastic goodies.

Liana_bracelet

Lastly, Amy Butler responds to recent copyright questions about her designs that have popped up in blogland. Excellent response.

Hmm I think I must have been channelling the Hormonal Menstral Goddess with this post! LOL.

15 thoughts on “warts ‘n all

1. lisa s says:

here here…. i love your layers missy! [and those shoes]… you are going to have to do something seriously drastic to keep me away ;D
    xoxo
    [and you are funny w/out trying]

2. sarah says:

i have shoe envy (again!!!) they are gorgeous nic… isn’t liana’s jewellery fantastic, i have some tuppaware earrings and i just love wearing them πŸ™‚

3. Edwina says:

I completely agree about the posting routine. I would love to be fabulous and witty and exude confidence in my truly creative life. But, I enjoy reading other peoples blogs first and then get a bit sick of being in front of the computer and all the other excuses. But I will be updating more often….. soon!

4. emma says:

Speaking as one of your real life friends, I’m sorry but I judge you every day (it was me sending that hate mail) so EVERYTHING you do is being watched, just like big brother! Like the shoes though πŸ˜‰ x

5. Nicole says:

Lisa S – (.)(.)
    Sarah – see you in Feb! πŸ˜‰
    LOL – Kate thank you!! Classic, made my absolute shite day at work much lighter πŸ˜‰
    Edwina – πŸ™‚
    EM – lol oooh right πŸ˜‰

6. The Shopping Sherpa says:

Did you mean to say “Whoa is me?”
    As a single person trying to juggle the same mix as you I thought it hilariously apt and am almost tempted to print it on a T shirt. Which might remind me to occassionally stop being a “Human doing” and try being a “Human being” (as a wise friend once said)

7. Janine Wright says:

Hey, as always great to hear your thoughts.
    Saw ‘Children of God’ last night. OMG. Wasn’t that really something! I summarised it to a friend as depressing, compelling, important and very violent. After the first loud noise shock which took me a while to get over…I put in half earplugs for the rest of the movie….and made it to the end!

8. kath says:

when you’re single you don’t have to secretly smuggle your new shoes into the house, then feign nonchalance saying “THESE old things! oh, had them for AGES,” to your unconvinced, significant other, all the while trying not to look admiringly at said new items on feet…

9. Frances says:

Hey, I just spoke to Liane for Made column! Bangle looks fantastic on you. Yes, blogging thy self can be tricky but your approach is best. New shoes are so sweet.