wash that date right outta my hair…

Well hello ya’ll, hope you all had fabulous weekends. Mine, was a mix of great and just plain odd! Don’t think I’ll share the odd here, but let’s just say, dating can be interesting and need to get better photo’s of my dates before meeting them!

Christmas_decos_2006

The great? Well I finally cleaned my house, dusted, washed, vacuumed and tidied. Feels sooo good. Should do it more often πŸ™‚  I also had a crafting feast. Finished my ornaments for the Holiday Ornament Swap. Now I just need to work out packaging and post them this week. I’m pretty happy with the results. Link to the flickr group and more pics of mine here.

Flamin_foundation_piecing

I’m doing a course at a local fabric and yarn store, Calico and Ivy. A magical Moroccan footrest (that’s for you Gayle πŸ˜‰ , NOT a foot stool). They’ve adapted a pattern from Kaffe Fassett’s "Passionate Patchwork". Man I had a crash course in foundation piecing. Funny being in a class environment again, those old anxieties about performing creep up on you. So I’ve made one wedge and have another 7 to do by Saturday, eeep. Not happy with the colour mix in my first wedge. Think I need more dense colours and less white. So we’ll see how the other 7 work out and I might resew this one.

Christmas_ornament

Also made a couple of ornaments for an overdue gift to a blogging buddy, it’s a surprise so you’ll have to just wait and see who its for. I think these are my favourites. I’ve had this piece of red velvet for about 7 years and finally found the perfect use for it. I made the felt and silk beads, they’re rustic, a nice contrast to the velvet. I’m a yoyo wh*re at the moment. More to come on the clover yoyo maker soon. More pics.

Quick_bag_side

More? Yep. I made this bag about a week ago. Based on something in my memory from a Japanese craft book. Made on the fly, so it has its quirks. I needed a bag I could wear out in the evening and dance and not have to have my hands full. Fully lined and has a wadding sandwich to make it squishy. Thought it’s probably a little too thick, the Echino fabric from Al is lovely but it’s quite a heavy weight so I didn’t need the wadding. Seems I like to make stuff bulletproof.

Butter_wouldnt_melt_in_mabels_mouth

Some more good. I doggie sat/visited my friend’s miniature Daschunds this weekend. I couldn’t get any pics of Jemima, she wouldn’t stand still long enough. But here’s Mabel. She is just too cute.

There are a bucketload of films I want to see at the moment and just haven’t had the time to get to. I’m listening to the new Magic Numbers, "Those the Brokes", it’s growing on me and I’ve hammered the new Scissor Sisters, "Ta-Dah", damn fine album.

Hey, any of you Aussie readers get the new Donna Hay? Who’s gonna give the caramels a go? Tempting. Also love the relish recipes this time as well.

Ok, have a great week. Not sure if you’ll here from me again, I’m gonna be up to my eyeballs in strips of fabric and foundation piecing.

15 thoughts on “wash that date right outta my hair…

1. Alison says:

Ditto Al and the bag – great look πŸ™‚ The ladybugs will protect against wayward bullets.
    And the piecing stuff looks great even if you don’t believe in the colour combos.

2. 2paw says:

I love Suffolk Puffs!! They are very versatile!! The Labradors say Hi to Mabel, she is so cute. I love Donna Hay!!! I just bought her Entertaining hardcover and the Christmas magazine issue. Her Christmas issues are great, I bake and cook lots of things for gifts.

3. amanda says:

wow- that footrest looks amazing. can’t wait to see it – and the 7 that will follow! I’ve been a yoyo wh*re around here too – too much fun. (and sorry about the date. Wah!)

4. kodachrome says:

So many lovely things here: the ornaments, the bag, the dog– πŸ™‚
    I too cleaned my house this weekend; as you say, it feels so good, that I also wonder why I don’t do it every weekend.
    Happy sewing!

5. sarah says:

loving the new donna, the cranberry and pistachio white christmas is gonna be the foodie gift this year i think, gorgeous crafting as usual miss nicole πŸ™‚

6. Sasha says:

Ohmigosh, I had no idea you’re a Perth-ite! I’ve been ogling those Calico&Ivy classes too – the stores so yummy! Love the looks of the stool so far, the stitched strips are great, and what cute little ornaments!!

7. Jo says:

Love that bag fabric. Nearly bought some of it myself. Love Scissor Sisters. Lovin’ those puffs. Just a whole lot a lovin’ goin’ on with this post.

8. kath says:

you may be a yo-yo wh*re, but i’m a canine wh*re…AND I LOVE MABEL. too cute!big hugs to mabel and jemima – i imagine she’s just as gorgeous. woof!

9. aimee noel says:

Where did you end up finding the yo-yo maker? I love yo-yos, but they’re not my favorite thing in the world to make. That device seems to be prefect for the job. I love those ornaments!