grunt, sweat and a whole lotta tape and cardboard

Hey! I’m here. Moved into our "new" house last week. I’ve been up to my elbows assembling furniture and cleaning the place. Then decided that we needed to pay to have the interior painted. So within the next month we’ll have freshly painted walls, ceilings, doors and skirtings. The walls, "Harlem", the ceilings "White on White" and a couple of feature walls, one called "Venus Flytrap" and I can’t remember the other right now. I’d love some wallpaper in our bedroom but will sit on that for the moment.

Also in the midst of choosing light fittings. I’ll try and get some before shots so you can see the before and after, for those of you that are interested. It’s an interesting process to go through "styling" your own home. Choosing where you’ll spend money, what can wait and what you absolutely couldn’t live with. What I do know is whilst we have the momentum and enthusiasm it’s worth being a little tired and feeling slightly overwhelmed by painters, electrician and wardrobe refitters. But dang, not such an unfortunate position considering I’m making these choices for my OWN HOME. Quite exciting.

After a stroll in the yard the other morning I discovered a lemon, apple and pomegranate tree and a few herbs. Very nice surprises. I have plans and visions for a compost heap, worm farm, vegie patch and potentially a rainwater tank for watering the garden. Future considerations, recycling our grey water.

So, no pics for now, but I’m out there reading you all. Crafting wise, little quiet at the moment, but I have a stack of things I’d like to make for home, table runners, napkins, coasters, a quilt for our bed to name just a few.

Happy crafting!

12 thoughts on “grunt, sweat and a whole lotta tape and cardboard

1. Miss Dot says:

Best of luck! moving is a pain but soo worth it in the end, especially when you are going into your own place and can bang nails in the wall where ever you want! πŸ™‚ I hope you have good neighbours.

Cool- such an exciting time, reorganising all your belongings, merging them together and creating new things too. Congrats!
    Looking forward to seeing before and after pics!

3. Alison says:

I love your description of walking through the garden – like it was massive (not that I’m suggesting it’s not) and went on forever with little nooks and crannies…
    It’s always a nice feeling doing things for YOUR home. All those holes you can make in walls….

4. Rachel says:

Enjoy finding all the secrets your new garden and home posess. Then splash in some of your own magic together. I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures.

5. kelli says:

To wander in the garden and find such joy! This home is truly blessed. Can’t wait for the pics!
    {And I hope your neighbor, the one who would leave you jam, is okay without you!}

6. Sasha says:

How exciting!! And what a magic surprise to find such fruity goodness in your yard too! Have fun sprucing things up and making the house into your own home πŸ™‚

7. Katie Greenwood says:

Ah! We are moving too. I am just getting to the point of packing up the fabric etc. It’s so hard to be parted from all my lovely “stuff”, even for a few weeks.
    I’m looking forward to a proper compost too! And we’ve talked about the grey water thing as well. DH would like to be “off the grid” and is collecting books on solar power and thermally efficient fireplaces and all that good stuff.
    Five more weeks then we are On The Road! It’s very exciting.