more underbelly

I’m showing and shaming publicly to get my a-into-gear to FINALLY sort and organise the crafty space so I can actually craft without wrestling.

This is currently what my desk looks like, well part of my desk and about a quarter of the room. The other 3/4’s of the room is messy like this. Eek.

Getting_organised01

I’ve started to organise. I’ve used the Ikea Asker system and a magnetic board to the right. Above the Asker will go a shelf. That’s a start. I don’t know if you could call this an Ikea hack. I’ve converted the paper towel holder to a ribbon holder. Overall I’m liking this. So hopefully, this weekend I’ll get the rest of the room sorted and can share the space with you.

12 thoughts on “more underbelly

1. Kristine says:

The public showing and shaming worked for me – it pressured me into sorting out my studio. Feels so good once its all sorted, I wonder why I don’t do it more often. (And then I remember I’m now known for my neatness in the housekeeping department.)
    Your ribbon rack looks like a great idea.

2. Alison says:

You don’t want to see my space…….or the state of my ribbons (which are in a worse state than when you last saw them and you were a bit fidgety about them then).
    To a cleared out space soon!

3. Rebecca says:

Totally took advatage of Ikea when organizing my work space – what a life saver! I have the same white containers. Love them. By the way the green on your wall is awesome! If you know the color info would you mind sharing?
    Thnx!

4. Nicole says:

The Askers ROCK. BTW room’s still not organised 🙂
    Rebecca – the green is Kiwi Fruit – Dulux in flat finish, why flat? Because our walls are really old and dented and the flat hides this.

5. Lisa thedomesticdiva says:

I love that IKEA system. If you need any ideas on getting your crafting space into order, stop by blog for my ongoing Sewing Room Organization Challenge…it’s not just for fabric enthusiasts–crafters and scrapbookers find it useful.
    HTH
    Happy Organizing!
    With friendship,
    Lisa

6. Felix says:

I’m impressed with your cardboard-roll ribbon holder, your IKEA joy and your crafting space!
    …but never be ashamed of the mess you make in the act of crafting, either…
    it’s proof you were having fun at the time!