I succumbed

I've been looking at Blythe dolls for a few years now, but had always talked myself out of it. Thankfully Sondra treated me this Christmas to my first doll, a Precocious Candy Mushroom. I say first as I'm sure there will be more Blythe's in my future. Those that have them will understand. They're addictive.  *Cough* I see a Gentle River Blythe in my future….

I'm researching a few customisations like face matting, eyelash replacing, new eye chips etc. I've already removed her braid and given her hair a little trim, I'm thinking of bringing her with me to my next haircut and asking my hairdresser to give her a trim. She's wearing the first dress I've sewn for her, made using this pattern and some Liberty Tana Lawn. It's an awesome print. So you'll probably be subjected to a few more Blythe posts.

These pictures aren't the best, I've just finished her dress tonight and don't have the energy to spend a lot of time setting up better lighting, but they give you an idea of what she's like.

Any of you guys got one?

PCM hi there

PCM new frock

13 thoughts on “I succumbed

1. Jhoanna says:

Heehee! I know what you mean! I recently caved too and purchased 2 Pullip dolls just after Christmas 🙂 It’s kinda strange for grown women to be so smitten with these dolls so much but I do see them as colletables and not just dolls 🙂 Such a great dress and the fabric is perfect for her!

2. Katy says:

I am totally in the dark regarding these Blythe dolls… but they definitely look like something i could be obsessed with (i am easily addicted to crafty stuff) I love the fabric you used..
    I am off to find out the history of Blythe Dolls..!

3. Myra M says:

She is a beauty! Congratulations!
    I’ve been trying to resist for years, but worry it will unleash my Blythe obsession in full force which will lead to Pullips and who know what else!

4. Melissa says:

My collection has grown quite quickly!! I have 4 and 1 pullip. When I reach my weight loss goal my big present to myself is going to be a kenner!!!
    LOVE the dress!!!
    I will welcome more blythe posts with open arms 🙂

5. Emma Gerring says:

She’s the kind of Doll that I would have to face towards the wall at night, in case she came to life and tried to stab me with a carving knife! Other than that, very sweet! 😉
    em
    x

6. Anna S. says:

She’s very creepy-cute in the way that those big eye pictures of children and cats are creepy-cute. I could see myself sewing the little dresses, acquiring the little objects, braiding the long hair into little braids … eeeeeek. I feel an obsession coming on. Resist, Anna, resist.

7. Julie says:

I have one too-Hello Harvest. I love her. My sons think she’s creepy, but I think she’s cute. I love the hair on yours! I feel like I need another one!