Hey SP4, reveal yourself! I know your name….but I haven’t managed to track down your blog. Do you have a blog?? Where are you?
Come on SP4, reveal yourself! I know your name is Kate….do you have a blog? A pet? Hobbies? Do you knit? Sew? Out with it! Thanks for all the goodies, most enjoyable.
The person I was secret pal to is Dyann. Go on over and say hello. Hi Dyann!!
And, thanks to Jacqueline for running and organising. Big effort considering there was over 300 of us! I’m organising 90 for back-tack and that’s enough.
Alison and I have hinted this week at a potential swap. The site is live and back-tack is born! We’d love it if you’d join in with us (Alison and I will be participating as we don’t want to miss out on the fun). If you have any questions just email backtackATgmailDOTcom. If you’ve already emailed advising you’re interested we’ll email you to let you know the site is up and for you to confirm your registration. Bring it on!
Hey. My SP4 came thru with the goods 🙂 She sent me 3 skeins of Noro Implessions (no that’s not a spelling mistake, well not mine anyhow) in a gorgeous colourway, Scarf Style (I’ve been lusting after this for a while) and some bamboo 7mm needles. Very cool, thanks HEAPS SP4. I look forward to finding out your identity, I did notice the Australian postmark…
If you haven’t already seen this, then check out Secret Agent Josephine’s Anti-Valentine.
If I could see my weight loss in 1kg bags of carrots it would look like this.
That’s a lotta carrots. 5 months down the track, 17.3kg lighter and 46.5cm lost. Has it been easy? Yes and no. Is the food ok. Well it’s simple to prepare and no "special" food is required to be bought but it is DULL DULL DULL (specially to someone who loves to cook). They tell me my goal weight is 61kg. YEAH RIGHT. We’ll see.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? – Confessed yarn snob. Though I can appreciate an interesting novelty yarn (I’ve been known to buy synthetic/natural fibre mixes).
2. Do you spin? Crochet? – Want to spin, haven’t managed to get a drop spindle yet and yes I crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) – Capsicum, smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? 3-4 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? – Amazon.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) – Lavender, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, citrus
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? – YES!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? – Sew, make cards, beading, cooking (love making jams, chutneys), embroidery, felting, bookbinding.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) – Hmmm I like a lot of different stuff, everything from Stevie Wonder, Linda Ronstadt, most 80’s, Lyle Lovett, Holly Golightly, Portishead, Joss Stone as a sample. Yes my computer can play MP3’s.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I tend to gravitate towards pinks, reds, black, browns, olive green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? – Defacto relationship and I have a pussy cat.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) – more international travel, buy a house, internal peace 🙂
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? – Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Big Wool. Noro. Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. I also love yarns with interesting textures (Colinette).
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? – Acrylic, nylon, most synthetics, unless they are an accent. Itchy wool 🙂
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? – Kidsilk Haze. Sock yarn.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? – Don’t mind. Though I do like to intersperse garment knitting with toy and accessory knitting. I love quick gratification to keep me motivated. I do get bored easily.
17. What are you knitting right now? – Too many things. See this post.
18. What do you think about ponchos? – Don’t mind them, have knit a few.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? – Both, depending on what I’m knitting. Not a complete circular knitter, still a novice, but recently converted a pattern to circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? – It was bamboo only, but then tried some Addi’s and they are quick! Most my needles are bamboo (Brittany, Clover and Crystal Palace), with a bit of plastic and aluminum chucked in.
21. Are you a sock knitter? – I’ve knit one sock…but would like to knit more.
22. How did you learn to knit? – My friend Emma taught me. Just as The Wool Shack was being born.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? – Ummm 3-4 years
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? – I love cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? —
26. Is there anything that you collect? – Yarn 🙂 Love a good vintage find (fabric, buttons, books).