Come and handpiece a quilt with me, Nic, and quilters from all over the world next year. This block of the month (BOM) will run February to November 2023 with the goal of a finished quilt top at the end.
Join the waitlist for earlybird pricing and specials!
Chockablock quilt is a medallion sampler, so we'll be building our quilts from the centre out with the goal of a finished quilt top by year's end. There are lots of fun blocks ranging from 3" up to 18" with a clever 'continuous' border to sew.
I'll show you how to confidently sew y-seams, partial seams and how to set your seams so you have nice flat, smooth blocks.
If you'd prefer to pay quarterly for the BOM, you can do so for the month of December this option is available. Details at this link.
What is the Chockablock BOM?
This program includes:
- Introduction document, including material requirements and colouring sheet
- Monthly blocks emailed together with clear block construction illustrations, seam setting photos and tips for each block, total of 16 blocks ranging from 3" up to 18" in size
- Hand piecing specific tips and tricks including instructions, covering off y-seams and partial seams, you'll be sewing them in no time with no issues
- Template instructions included on how to make your own from the provided pattern as well as how to use the Eppiflex templates if you purchase them
- The option to purchase pre-made Eppiflex templates, a full set or the 3 repeat block border set
- Exclusive free pattern to make a pouch to store your templates - provided 1 January 2022
- A specific online community for the BOM so you can chat and share your blocks and ask questions of the designer, me, Nic Vaughan
- Monthly check-in from me including some video instruction for specific blocks
- Big stitch quilting instructions and a hand quilting plan
- A free PDF Craftapalooza Designs pattern of your choice, there will be 2-3 patterns launched in 2022.
- You will also be a founder of the BOM club at Craftapalooza and will receive founder only pricing for the 2023 club and individual pattern specials not available anywhere else
Have I got a deal for you...
Earlybird pricing runs through December, enter code CHOCKEB21 for 15% off. Enter the couple code at checkout. Applies to the BOM and premade templates.
For the "I don't hand piece but machine sew"...
If you don't handpiece and would like to machine sew this quilt, you can do that. However, please note that this is a template driven BOM. No rotary cutting instructions are provided. I will share all of my hand piecing tips and show video on how to handpiece if you'd like to learn. Hand piecing is a wonderful way to construct your quilts.
Clear, detailed construction information and templates provided.
This video shows our sewing journey for the year.