Come and handpiece a quilt with me, Nic, and quilters from all over the world next year. This block of the month (BOM) will run February to November 2023 with the goal of a finished quilt top at the end.
SIGN UP AT THIS LINK.
Chockablock quilt is a medallion sampler, so we'll be building our quilts from the centre out with the goal of a finished quilt top by year's end. There are lots of fun blocks ranging from 3" up to 18" with a clever 'continuous' border to sew.
I'll show you how to confidently sew y-seams, partial seams and how to set your seams so you have nice flat, smooth blocks.
What is the Chockablock BOM?
This program includes:
- Introduction document, including material requirements and colouring sheet
- Monthly blocks emailed together with clear block construction illustrations, seam setting photos and tips for each block, total of 16 blocks ranging from 3" up to 18" in size
- Hand piecing specific tips and tricks including instructions, covering off y-seams and partial seams, you'll be sewing them in no time with no issues
- Template instructions included on how to make your own from the provided pattern as well as how to use the Eppiflex templates if you purchase them, pdf templates are included, purchasing templates is not required
- The option to purchase pre-made Eppiflex templates, a full set or the 3 repeat block border set
- Exclusive free pattern to make a pouch to store your templates
- A specific online community for the BOM so you can chat and share your blocks and ask questions of the designer, me, Nic Vaughan
- Monthly check-in from me including some video instruction for specific blocks
- Big stitch quilting instructions and a hand quilting plan
- A free PDF Craftapalooza Designs pattern
For the "I don't hand piece but machine sew"...
If you don't handpiece and would like to machine sew this quilt, you can do that. However, please note that this is a template driven BOM. No rotary cutting instructions are provided. I will share all of my hand piecing tips and show video on how to handpiece if you'd like to learn. Hand piecing is a wonderful way to construct your quilts.
Check out some of the 2022 participants amazing Chockablocks
You can also explore the hashtag on Instagram: LINK
Clear, detailed construction information and templates provided.
This video below show our sewing journey for the year.