This apple pincushion pattern was designed in 2009 and 2021 is the year it's been resurrected with an update, redesign and supporting how-to videos that come exclusively with the pattern.
The pattern is 6 pages and includes colour instructional photos, lots of tips and tricks for getting your apple pincushions looking amazing and plump and the envy of all your sewing friends!
Access to how-to video's for the following steps will be available in my Facebook Group:
- Sewing your apple pieces together
- Stuffing your apple
- Finishing off your apple to create the perfect apple shape
On completion of your purchase request access to the group, answer the questions when you're joining so we can match up your purchase and give you access.
This is a PDF download and will be delivered to you via SENDOWL. On completion of your purchase please check your email for an email from email@example.com if you can't find it search in your JUNK or SPAM folder.
Kits available here
- Felt for 2 apple leaves, 2 x 4" square, the leaves are the needle keepers
- Small pieces of coordinating fabrics, approximately 6" x 3" each, 4 per apple
- Lightweight iron-on interfacing
- Stuffing of choice, you want a smooth finish with your stuffing
- Wood button approximately 18mm (¾") diameter
- Strong thread, either crochet or other
- Stuffing tool - I use a Barbara Willis Regular stuffing fork, but you can use chopsticks or hemostats to stuff
- Long needle, eg a doll needle 8cm/3" in length
- A piece of leather thong for the stem, 3mm/⅛ thick and about 10cm/4" long
- Sewing machine
For the 'I don't want to make one but I'd love to buy one crew'
I will also be having three to four launches a year of apple pincushions made by me. There will be limited numbers of these available in fun, scrappy patchwork fabrics and also some exclusive Liberty Tana Lawn pincushions and OOP fabrics like Heather Ross Lightning Bugs prints. By signing up for the newsletter you'll have first notice of pre-made launches.
For shops, guilds and quilting groups
If you'd like to host a live Apple Pincushion event get in touch here. Presently these are run via Zoom and take 1-1.5 hours and are for groups of up to 20 participants. We sew along together and participants will have their own pincushion by the end of the event. If you have a larger group, get in touch and we can discuss your options
If you're Perth based get in touch and we can organise an in-person event.